NOVEMBER 1, 2021 UPDATE: Nominations are now closed for the 2022 "40 Under 40" program. Please sign up for the Yamaha Music Educator Newsletter for updates about "40 Under 40" and to learn about other music education resources from Yamaha.
Do you know a young music educator who inspires students, colleagues and the community? Someone who oversees a program that is continually growing and improving?
Nominate them to be recognized and celebrated as one of the top 40 music educators under the age of 40!
Yamaha is an active advocate for music education, and we want to empower music educators and help them strengthen their programs in any way we can.
"40 Under 40" is the latest part of this advocacy. This program will recognize and celebrate innovative and impactful music teachers under the age of 40 who are doing extraordinary things in their classrooms or programs. These music education leaders will be the ones to watch in 2022 and beyond.
Music educators — any grade level, public or private schools, private music instructors — can be nominated by students, parents, other teachers or administrators, and mentors. No self-nominations are allowed.
Nominations will be accepted from October 1 to November 1, 2021.
Nominated educators should have the following characteristics:
- Action — anticipate what needs to be done and proactively take the necessary steps that lead to a stronger music program
- Courage — propose and implement new or bold ideas
- Creativity — show innovation and imagination in achieving plans and objectives
- Growth — establish, grow or improve music education in their schools and communities
- Must be under 40 years old on March 31, 2022.
Please click here for the nomination form. In addition to providing information about the nominee, you must tell us in 500 words how the nominee embodies the characteristics above.
Benefits to 40 Under 40 Educators
Music educators who are selected for the "40 Under 40" program will receive national recognition for the positive impact their work has on their schools and communities.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- October 1: nominating period opens
- November 1: nominating period closes
- December: selected educators will be notified
- February 2022: The 2022 "40 Under 40" educators will be announced
The nomination form can be found here.
Meet the 2021 Yamaha "40 Under 40" educators here.
Sign up for the Yamaha Educator Newsletter to stay informed about the "40 Under 40" program and other music education advocacy news and information from Yamaha.